Acousmatic works interpreted by the Canadian composer Gilles Gobeil
Wed, 29.06.2016 8 pm, ZKM_Cube
In the form of a concert evening, Gilles Gobeil will not only present his own works, but also interpret acousmatic pieces of other Canadian composers.
Since 1985, he mainly focuses on the creation of acousmatic and mixed works. Many of his compositions are based on the so-called »cinéma pour l’oreille« [Cinema for the Ears], others are inspired by literary works that are visualized through the medium of sound.
- Gilles Gobeil — Un cercle hors de l’arbre (2014–15 / 10:30)
- Xavier Madore — Récit d’un presqu’aller-retour (2014 / 8:45)
- Gilles Gobeil — Bol-Hydre (2011 / 10:00)
- James O’Callaghan — Objects-Interiors (2013 / 10:13)
- Gilles Gobeil — Sibylle (2010 / 15:00)
- Xavier Bourassa — Catachresis (2013 / 07:59)
- Gilles Gobeil — Des temps oubliés (2012 / 12:33)
Before the concert, there will be an artist interview at ZKM_Cube with Gilles Gobeil, during which the composer’s way of working will be examined in more detail.
About the Person
After his studies in music theory, Gilles Gobeil received a Master’s in Composition from the Université de Montréal. Gobeil is a Professor for Music Technology at the Cégep de Drummondville and was a guest professor for electro acoustics at the Université de Montréal and at the Conservatoire de Montréal. He was awarded numerous prices and was a guest composer at the Banff Centre in Bourges, at the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar, at the INA/GRM Paris, at the ZKM, and in 2008 at the Artists-in-Berlin programme of the DAAD. He is a member of the Canadian Electroacoustic Community, Associate Composer of the Canadian Music Centre and Cofounder of the Réseaux, an association that has dedicated itself to the production of media art events.
- Ludger Brümmer (Artistic director)
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Karlsruhe
- Contributors (1)
- Themes (1)
- Exhibitions / Events (1)
- Links (1)