Wed, 14.06.2017 – Sun, 18.06.2017, ZKM_Cube, ZKM_Media Theater, ZKM_Lecture Hall, ZKM_Music Balcony
As the largest biennial gathering of university studios for electronic music, next_generation 7.0 gives up-and-coming music producers a platform to showcase their latest work.
Over five days and five nights, next_generation 7.0 offers an exciting and packed program on the latest positions on topics such as »Fixed Media«, »Spatial Music« and »Live-Electronics«, showing off the current creativity of the younger generation of producers in the context of technology and art.
Under this year’s motto »SENSORIK«, Music students from Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and Switzerland have the chance to present their work in concerts and installations and take part in talks, discussions, poster sessions and workshops in all fields of interest as part of a symposium. Professors and lecturers also report on on-going projects at their own studios.
The festival’s afternoon and evening program includes thrilling concerts with compositions from young talents attending the festival. From the second day on there will be a diverse lecture program. Throughout the days there will be compositions for the sound pavilion »The Morning Line« on display. The program will also be topped off with numerous installations at various locations throughout the ZKM all just waiting to be discovered.
Please find further information here:
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Karlsruhe
- Impressum (20)
- Ludger Brümmer (Artistic Direction)
- Yannick Hofmann (Project Management)
- Dorte Becker (Organization)
- Benjamin Miller (Sound Engineer)
- Sebastian Schottke (Sound Engineer)
- Hans Gass (Light, Event Technology)
- Manuel Weber (Light, Event Technology)
- Anton Kossjanenko (Recordings)
- Yuxi Sun (Recordings)
- Christian Berkes (Sound Technology)
- Marco Kempf (Sound Technology)
- Simone Sims Longo (Sound Technology)
- Manuel Urrutia (Sound Technology)
- Lukas Fuchs (Helper light, event technology)
- Marcel Mendel (Technical support installations)
- Sami Chibane (Technical support installations)
- Jan Keller (Technical support Lecture Hall)
- Dominik Willisch (Technical support Lecture Hall)
- Chikashi Miyama (Technical Support The Morning Line)
- Elizabeth Pich (echnical Support The Morning Line)
- Exhibitions / Events (5)