New Models and Practices for Audience Development in contemporary music in Europe 2016–2019
»Interfaces« is an international, interdisciplinary project focusing on bringing new music to an extensive range of new audiences.
It involves a partnership of organizations from a wide range of European countries having a broad spectrum of experience in fields such as performing, multi-media exhibitions, new media, acoustic and electroacoustic research and education. This trans-sectoral approach is the key to opening up new perspectives on both the creative dimension of the project and the central objective, which is to engage new audiences of all ages and those potential audience segments which, for a variety of demographic or cultural reasons have not yet been exposed to the music of our time.
The »INTERFACES« network will carry out a very wide range of actions, for example:
- New performance formats in new innovative spaces and across artistic disciplines using new media for creation and dissemination
- Educational activities including physical outreach and innovative online applications
- Research on audience drivers & conferences
- Artist Residencies
The coordinator of the network is the Onassis Cultural Centre (GR).
The »INTERFACES« project is possible thanks to the support of the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
The »INTERFACES« network includes the following partner institutions:
- Onassis Cultural Centre (GREECE)
- De Montfort University (UK)
- European University Cyprus
- IRCAM (FRANCE)
- ZKM | Center for Art and Media (GERMANY)
- CREMAC (Romania)
- Q-02 (BELGIUM)
- ICTUS (BELGIUM)
- Klangforum Wien (Austria)