Giga-Hertz Award 2017
Thu, 23.11.2017 – Sun, 26.11.2017, ZKM_Media Theater, ZKM_Foyer, ZKM_Cube
Between November 23 and 26, 2017, this year’s Giga-Hertz Award Festival will be taking place at the ZKM | Karlsruhe. The Award for Electronic Music has been awarded by ZKM | Karlsruhe and the SWR Experimentalstudio since 2007. We cordially invite you to the Festival’s rich and varied program, and especially to the ceremony of the awards on Saturday evening, November 25, 2017.
Renowned representatives from the international music and art scene together with the artists and composers who have been honored this year are once again expected at the festive award ceremony, among them this year's Giga-Hertz main-award winner Laurie Anderson.
On two evenings of concerts on November 23 and 24, the results of this year's and previous production award winners will be presented. The festival concludes with a lecture by the Giga-Hertz-Award recipient Laurie Anderson with a discussion to follow, on November 26.
The Giga-Hertz Award is dedicated to the world-famous physicist Heinrich Hertz (1857–1894). He taught at the Technical University of Karlsruhe (now known as the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) at the end of the 19th century and discovered electromagnetic waves there. The objective of the award is to promote electronic music and to provide an impetus through new tonal and compositional possibilities.
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Center for Art and Media
- Projektteam (11)
- Ludger Brümmer (Artistic direction)
- Yannick Hofmann (Project Management)
- Dorte Becker (Organization)
- Benjamin Miller (Sound engineer)
- Hans Gass (Lighting and event technology)
- Manuel Weber (Lighting and event technology)
- Christian Berkes (Assistant sound technology)
- Marco Kempf
- David Luchow (Assistant sound technology)
- Götz Dipper (Technical support »Chalkroom«)
- Anton Kossjanenko (Recording production)
- Themes (1)
- Exhibitions / Events (1)