- founded in, place
- 1968, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Year of death, place
- Role at the ZKM
- Artist of the Collection
Compos 68 was founded in 1968 in Utrecht by Jan Baptist Bedaux, Jeroen Clausman, and Arthur Veen to work on the connection between art and computer.
Lit.: Arthur Veen, “Compos 68,” in: Peter Struycken, »Vormgeving en exacte disciplines. Design and The Exact Disciplines«, Utrecht, 1971, n. p.
- Publications (2)
- Peter Weibel and Margit Rosen (Eds.)
- Bit International
- Exhibition catalog
- Language: German
- Margit Rosen (Ed.), in cooperation with Peter Weibel, Darko Fritz and Marija Gattin
- A Little-Known Story About a Movement, a Magazine, and the Computer's Arrival in Art
- MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2011
- Language: English
This book documents a short but intense artistic experiment which took place in Yugoslavia fifty years ago, but whose impact has been felt far beyond that time and place. Ostensibly, the “little-known story” concerns the advent of computers in...
- Exhibitions / Events (2)