- founded in, place
- 1957, Paris, France
Equipo 57 was founded in 1957 in Paris by Ángel Duarte, José Duarte, Juan Serrano, Juan Cuenca (joined the group shortly after), and Agustín Ibarrola in Paris. The group disbanded in 1962.
Exhib.: 1957, »Peintures«, Café Le Rond Point, Paris. 1960, »Konkrete Kunst. 50 Jahre Entwicklung«, Helmhaus, Zurich. 1965, »The Responsive Eye«, The Museum of Modern Art, New York. 1969, »Formas computables«, computer center of the University of Madrid.
- Publications (3)
- Peter Weibel and Margit Rosen (Eds.)
- Bit International
- Exhibition catalog
- Language: German
- Claudia Giannetti (Ed.)
- El discreto encanto de la tecnología / The Discreet Charm of Technology
- Exhibition catalog, Anthology
- Language: English and Spanish
The exhibition links the 13th century to the 21st through a modular approach that focuses on five key themes representative of the artistic condition: the formal code; the visual code; the sensory and space-time code; the body and the identity;...
- Margit Rosen (Ed.), in cooperation with Peter Weibel, Darko Fritz and Marija Gattin
- A Little-Known Story About a Movement, a Magazine, and the Computer's Arrival in Art
- MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2011
- Language: English
This book documents a short but intense artistic experiment which took place in Yugoslavia fifty years ago, but whose impact has been felt far beyond that time and place. Ostensibly, the “little-known story” concerns the advent of computers in...
- Exhibitions / Events (3)