Unity3D for Visual Artists – No Coding Skills Needed!
Workshop by Lucas Gutierrez
Sat, 21.10.2017 11 am – Sun, 22.10.2017 6 pm, ZKM_Atrium 8+9
For those who don’t know it, Unity is one of the most popular cross-platform game engines that supports 2D and 3D graphics. As a further developed 3D realtime animation software, it attracts professional video designers as well as newcomers.
But there are many ways to jump into it – not only with video games.
During the workshop you'll find everything you need to start your own audiovisual project focusing on visual art, generative images, real time animations and VJing techniques.
Lucas Gutierrez underscores Unity by understanding it as an artistic tool and breaking all the coding rules to create aesthetic visuals and daring digital art experiments.
This workshop aims at total beginners as well as experienced programmers: the game engine is twisted, the maps are re-mixed, programmers are artists and newbies become coding experts.
Everybody is welcome!
- Laptop (Mac or Pc) with the latest version of Unity installed and bring a 3-button mouse.
- Download Unity Personal here: https://store.unity.com/download?ref=personal
- Do you have a Beamer / Projector? Bring it! :)
- What will happen during those 2 days?
- Participant and Instructor Introductions
- What’s Unity?
- Artists using Unity
- Initial ideas
- Introduction to Unity’s interface
- Example projects
- Output and rendering
- Importing files
- Particle system
- 3D builders
- Lighting, color and textures
- Free learning resources
- … and more!
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Karlsruhe
- Contributors (2)
- Themes (1)
- Exhibitions / Events (1)
- Images (1)