Wolfgang Ludwig

Year of birth, place
1923, Mielesdorf, Germany
Year of death, place
2009, Berlin, Germany
Role at the ZKM
Artist of the Collection
Biography
Wolfgang Ludwig studied at the Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst, Leipzig (1947–1950) and the Hochschule für bildende Künste Berlin (1950–1956) with Hans Uhlmann and Alexander Camaro. 1956–1967 worked for the architect Paul G. R. Baumgarten. 1967 lecturer at the Akademie für Grafik, Druck und Werbung, Berlin. 1971–1991 professor of visual communication at the Hochschule für bildende Künste Berlin, DE.
Exhib.: 1965, »The Responsive Eye«, The Museum of Modern Art, New York. 1968, »Kunst aus dem Computer«, accompanying the symposium “The Computer in the University” / “Der Computer in der Universität,” Technische Universität Berlin. 1969, »Konstruktive Kunst: Elemente und Prinzipien«, Kunsthalle Nürnberg, Nuremberg.

[2010]