On the occasion of GLOBALE, REMOTEWORDS will install in cooperation with the ZKM a message authored by Peter Weibel on 5 roofs of 5 cultural institutions located on 5 continents. The full sentence will be released with the opening of the exhibition »Infosphere« on September 4, 2015.
The long-term artistic project REMOTEWORDS is initiated by German artists Achim Mohné and Uta Kopp. Referencing art, literature, design and navigation technology, REMOTEWORDS installs messages on roofs of cultural institutions.
Applied in capital letters, the messages are not directly visible on location but are best viewed from outer space via satellite photography. They are spread worldwide via virtual globes on Google Earth and Bing Maps.
The stations and project partners
- RW.26 at Taipei Artist Village, Taiwan, Asia
- RW.27 with Ghetto Biennale, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, America
- RW.28 at Soweto Kliptown Youth Centre, Johannesburg, South-Africa, Africa (In cooperation with Sylt Foundation)
- RW.29 at Manukau Institute of Technology, Faculty of Creative Arts in Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania
- RW.30 at ZKM I Centre for Art and Media, Karlsruhe, Germany, Europe