How has Artificial Intelligence developed as a technology in recent years? What are the implications of China's rise to a leading science nation in the field of AI? How can AI become a competitive advantage in Germany and Europe?
The CyberForum, KIT, Karlsruhe.ai and ZKM invite you to an event that will address the most important aspects of the current debate on AI and discuss them from the perspective of Germany and China.
Book Presentation: Dr. Karl Schlagenhauf »The Brain and AI«
The starting point of the discussion is the recently published book »The Brain and AI«, written by the German engineer Dr. Karl Schlagenhauf and the Chinese brain researcher Fanji Gu.
Keynote lecture: Prof. Pei Wang »Exploring the Logic of Intelligence«
Following the book presentation, Professor Pei Wang of the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Temple University (USA) will speak on the logic of intelligence. Professor Wang, founding director of the Journal of Artificial General Intelligence, presents his theory of intelligence.
- Introduction by Peter Weibel
- Presentation of the book »The Brain and AI« by Karl Schlagenhauf and Fanji Gu
- Introduction by Dr. Julius Pfrommer to the lecture by Prof. Pei Wang »Exploring the Logic of Intelligence«
- Lecture by Prof. Pei Wang: »Exploring the Logic of Intelligence« (in English)
- Discussion with Mirko Holzer (Brandmaker), Dr. Sven Körner (Things Thinking) and Dr. Miro Taphanel (Gixel), moderated by Dr. Julius Pfrommer
The event will be take place in German with the exception of the lecture by Prof. Pei Wang. The lecture will be held in English.