40 Jahre Videokunst.de. Teil 2
- Type of publication
- Exhibition catalog
- Author / Editor
- Christoph Blase and Peter Weibel (Eds.)
- Publishing house, place
- Hatje Cantz, Ostfildern
- The present volume is the second part of the restoration project »40yearsvideoart.de«. The goal was to save video material threatened with disappearance and to rescue forgotten material. The project succeeded in retrieving a large number of videos from the 1960s and 1970s, believed lost, from artists, estates, and museum storerooms; restoring them, and, in many cases, presenting them again for the first time in over thirty years.
This volume presents over fifty early and largely unknown videos, it offers an illustrated history of video techniques, and features discussions on modern restoration practices. In addition, texts by artists, curators, art theorists, and media scholars provide profound insight into one of the most influential genres in twentieth- and twenty-first-century art.
- German and English
- 535 p. : numerous ill. + 1 DVD
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie Karlsruhe
Kulturstiftung des Bundes ; Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg ; Landesbank Baden Württemberg ; EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG ; Goethe-Institut