- Type of publication
- Exhibition catalog
- Author / Editor
- Elke aus dem Moore, Matthias Flügge and Matthias Winzen (Eds.)
- Publishing house, place
- Kehrer, Heidelberg
- The publication edited by the Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations, (ifa) accompanying the exhibition Weltreise. Kunst aus Deutschland unterwegs (Traveling the World – Art from Germany) presents some 400 works of art from the touring exhibitions organized by the ifa to all the world’s continents over the course of six decades to represent art from Germany.
The curators Matthias Flügge and Matthias Winzen have arranged a survey outlining the most important developments in art in Germany since 1949 by drawing on ifa’s outstanding collection of contemporary art.
The more than 100 artists stand for different positions in East and West Germany. Until 1990, the Federal Republic of Germany commissioned the ifa to mount exhibitions of German art. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the holdings of the Zentrum für Kunstausstellungen of the German Democratic Republic were integrated into those of the ifa.
In Weltreise the parallel developments in the art of the FRG and the GDR will meet, having frequently had links in the past, irrespective of politics.
- 504 p. : ill.
- Organization / Institution
- ZKM | Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie Karlsruhe
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen e. V. (ifa)
- Ernst von Siemens Kunststiftung